I’m going to do monthnotes not weeknotes. There aren’t enough things that happen in a week that I can talk about publicly here, but there are in a month!
In January, with colleagues at Public Health England, I
- got our digital plans signed off in full by the National Executive (board). This is a huge milestone and I’m so happy that, in the words of our Chief Executive Duncan Selbie, ‘the public health system is going digital’
- gave a talk to the Department of Health about working in an agile way
- helped a bit on a user research project that the digital team is doing
- did a lot of work on getting the right people in the right places, doing the right things. This is now having results!
- starting to understand better the opportunities for digital in public health interventions and population health, through which I’ve been fortunate enough to learn about lots of interesting projects and products across the health system
And in Rebecca Industries I
- took part in the first DSRPTN event at the British Computing Society, which was about leadership in the 21st Century. It was great to share the stage with fabulous fellow digital consultant types, and to have an interesting conversation with people from many different backgrounds
- had some great meetings about potential future projects in the private sector, the public sector and charities (fingers crossed!)
- started a roving campaign of squatting in other people’s offices on Friday, my Rebecca Industries day. Last week, techUK. This week, GDS. Next week, who knows! I’ll reveal all in my February monthnote.