Charity Digital Training (June 2017 – present)
The course covers how to
- carry out internal research and review your existing site
- set website objectives and choose the best performance metrics
- get to know your users, engage your staff, and keep your stakeholders happy
- choose the right agency, and know what red flags to look out for
- make the most of your budget and stay on schedule
- use Agile, user stories, wireframes, and develop your minimum viable product
- carry out a content audit and make a realistic content migration plan
- steer clear of launch day panic
Our next public course is on 4th September in London. Tickets are available on Eventbrite.
You can contact us to express interest in us training your organisation.
Leadership Skills for Digital/Design Practitioners Training (March 2016 – present)
Ade Adewunmi of the Government Digital Service and I run a training session about leadership skills, for digital and design practitioners. We do this at conferences (e.g. Service Design in Government, UX Cambridge) and for organisations (General Assembly, Government Digital Service).
The training covers how to lead people and teams, whether you’re in a formal leadership role or not, by
- Telling a good story
- Having evidence for putting users first
- Getting people involved, because it gets them invested
- Being nice
- Looking after yourself
It’s based on what Ade and I have learned in leadership roles, and we make it as practical as possible.
Please contact me if you’re interested in us doing this session for your colleagues.